Today was a super productive day in the Soundlab. I finished tracking vocals for the current song I’m working on. In addition to that I think I finally decided on an arrangement that suits me. I created samples out of each of the major parts. Now I just need to assemble the samples and start trying on effects. I want some tasty sweeps and modulations to help transition from one part of the song to the next.
Ran into an issue, here’s how I solved it:
Ran out of memory in Record to add the multitude of bass synths that I used to trash the hell out of a half-step section of the song. Sooo… I exported the Synths I did have recorded, then I deleted those synths out of my rack. Once I freed up some memory, I built the new bass synths and laid those tracks down. Then I exported those as a loop. Finally I deleted all the bass synths out of my rack and built an NN-XT (sampler) and brought the loops into that. Basically I used just one device in the rack to handle what amounted to six different bass synths!
Can’t wait to post the finished song! Until then here’s what I put on when I got out of the lab; A little Porter Robinson and Kill the Noise.